- About us
- Our Clients
- Recent Projects
- Latest News
- Contact us
Opl is committed to operational excellence in all we do including continuous efforts to improve environmental performance. We have been awarded the ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Standard.
We currently adopt and apply the principles of "sustainable development" that is, development which meets the needs of the present, without compromising the abilities of future generations to meet their own needs.
Wherever practicable we will specify products from sustainable sources, products made from recycled materials or designed to be easy to reuse or recycle.
We recognise our responsibility to:
- Minimise waste by following the priority order of reduce, re-use, recycle, compost, incinerate and landfill.
- Implement technologies to use energy resources efficiently.
- Strive to surpass conformance to the law, compliance being the minimum standard bywhich we rate our performance.
- Use company resources to promote environmental knowledge and awareness to those involved in our business including employees, customers, regulators, suppliers, neighbours and competitors.
- Review and improve the environmental impact of materials used in our products and processes.
- Adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy.
- Expect similar environmental standards to our own from all third parties involved with our business - suppliers, vendors, contractors.
- Assist our clients to use our products and services in an environmentally sensitive way.
- Include environmental consideration in investment decisions.